Slideshows not working on mobile

Replied by mberman14 on topic Slideshows not working on mobile

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38939
Your mention of seo gives another clue: when I go to the article (without disabling htaccess) using the direct index.php link rather than the sef url, the slideshow shows up just fine on mobile. Could sef somehow be interfering with the slideshow?

Thanks,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38941
I think we may be looking at some hellish combination of factors. Here is some more info:
  • Using latest Joomla, v3.6.4. -- we didn't notice this problem before the latest upgrade, but it could be that we just didn't notice, or that something in the newest Joomla broke something.
  • Using standard built-in Joomla SEF, set in the Global Config.
  • Using the standard, Akeeba Adming Tools-created htaccess.
  • Using all Template-Creator CK templates, including one created just for mobiles.
  • Using the Simple Mobile Detection plugin to direct mobiles to the mobile template.

--Matt

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshows not working on mobile

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38943

using the direct index.php link rather than the sef url, the slideshow shows up just fine on mobile

so you have to find the problem, by my side I can not do anything more
I have pointed the problem :) but I can not solve it. I don't know which rule is in cause and what it is doing bad

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38962
Ok, I've tried putting the standard htaccess file back in, and then tried commenting out every line, one at a time. None of that changed the behavior, except for the ones that led to an error. Otherwise, the pictures just will not show up when using an SEF URL on mobile. So, it does not seem to be a rule that is causing this, unless you can think of something I haven't tried.

I tried:
disabling Admin Tools completely.
disabling Simple Mobile Detection.
using Protostar template.
using the demo data.

So, we have ruled out the htaccess rules, Admin Tools, Simple Mobile Detection, the pictures, and the template as the problems.

Can you think of anything else I haven't tried? Is it at all possible (I hate to even suggest it) that there might be a bug?

Replied by ced1870 on topic Slideshows not working on mobile

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38964
as you said, if you disable the htaccess + url rewriting it works. Right ?

are you using a SEF extension ?

Is it at all possible (I hate to even suggest it) that there might be a bug?

a bug in your website :D
seriously, I can not tell "no", but you are the only one for now to have this problem since years of use for Slideshow CK. And it works with no SEF...so I don't think it is bug, but if finally you find a but in it I will totally apologize :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 4 months ago #38967
No, if I disable the whole htaccess, I just get an error. But I switched in the standard Joomla htaccess with no changes, and then tried commenting out each line. Didn't help.

No SEF extension -- just the built-in SEF of Joomla, set in the Global Config.

If I ignore the SEF url and just use the direct index.php link, it works, which is what makes me think there may be some sort of conflict between the slideshow and Joomla's built-in SEF, at least in the latest version of Joomla, though why it only happens on mobile is a mystery.

--Matt

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1221 guests and one member online