Responsive settings not working correctly

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #71884 by trogladyte
www.ckdev.info/azroofmaster/

In my template, I have 2 wrappers, one above the other, both having a module in them. One wrapper is assigned to desktop, laptop and tablet-portrait. The other wrapper is assigned to tablet-portrait and phone (both). I have 2 PB modules, each with a BG image - the desktop one uses a 2200px wide image and the mobile one uses a 900px wide image. There's a text module in each.

Strangely, if I enable the mobile one, it turns off the desktop version on my desktop and displays the mobile version. Even if I set responsive in the PB module it still displays. Very strange.If I disable the mobile version I get back the desktop version on my desktop. However, then I don't have it on my mobile. I tried to attach the gabarit, but got an error that it was too big (404k).

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #71886 by ced1870
Hi
first of all, never activate nor use JCH optimize when you are working on your website
it caches the data and you will get many problems about the update of the design

disable it, clear everything, then tell me
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
3 months 1 week ago #71888 by trogladyte
Morning Ced

Forgot about JCH _ I think I'll start adding it right at the end of the build just before uploading the site. However, disabling it and clearing the cache did not change the problem.

More
3 months 1 week ago #71892 by ced1870
there is a problem in the fact that you have duplicated the modules but not changed the IDs in it
so both modules have the same IDs
use the html/css icon in the bottom of the left panel to update the IDs and you will be able to manage each module separately

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 6 days ago #71906 by trogladyte
Thanks Ced. I assume you mean in TC under Actions | Manage ID & CSS Class. Please see the attached image - I don't see duplicate IDs. Or am I looking in the wrong place? Do I understand correctly that if I copy a wrapper or block within TC it does not generate a new ID for it?

OK, I figured out what you mean. That button is in PageBuilder. I clicked the button in both modules and got the response "Validation finished with success, all is OK !" However, the issue wasn't fixed. I ended up building a brand new PB module and deleted the old one. Now it all works. Not sure why clicking the html/css button didn't fix it.

So, if I need to duplicate a module, am I correct thinking that I should "Save as Copy" as this will save it with the same ID as the copied one?

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 6 days ago by trogladyte.

More
3 months 4 days ago #71916 by ced1870
yes that is in PBCK in the module edition
not sure why, the update ID/html button shall work. May be that you have not changed every ID

you should save your layout as page, then you can call it from the page library to add it to your module. When you do that, PBCK will automatically manage the IDs for you

Time to create page: 1.589 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1168 guests and no members online