Styling with Easy Layouts

Replied by easistudio on topic Editing Article and Blog Layout

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60396
Actually I would like to report some progress in the last 24 hours.

I went through default.php (the file for the article) and found Template Creator adds 3 classes (tck-article, tck-article-title and tck-article-body).

I then went into EasyLayouts, built a single article layout from blank/scratch and added a row where I had set the class to tck-article. I then nested 2 more rows inside that row and set tck-article-title and tck-article-body to the relevant content of that row and Template Creator generated styles were applied.

OK so this is not an "out of the box" solution but definitely a step in the right direction.

However before anyone gets too excited, I haven't tried applying Template Creator generated classes to anything other than single article in EasyLayouts at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Editing Article and Blog Layout

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60397
yeah that is great
let me know about what you can achieve, this would be useful for other users too !
thank you

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60402
Yes will be pleased to report back on my progress (hopefully) with EasyLayouts. One thing I can definitely say (based on my work this morning) is using columns rather than percentages is definitely the way forward.

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60479
I am now having reasonable success combining Template Creator CK and EasyLayouts but have seem to have hit a problem trying to use CSS values created in Template Creator's Blog Layout.

As you can see from the screenshot, I have entered 50 for a 50px gap which I thought would be called when I call the class tck-blog. However I am wondering if I am calling the incorrect class?

Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic Editing Article and Blog Layout

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60482
Hi
this is the "article" styling, so it will be used by .tck-article for each article listed in the blog (inside .tck-blog)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: easistudio

Posted 2 years 11 months ago #60484
OK now it's working.

If anyone else is following this (future reference possibly), I have uploaded a few screenshots to explain the process.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 911 guests and no members online