BG YouTube video failing

Replied by ced1870 on topic BG YouTube video failing

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #59203
the video works in your website. The problem is that you have a row of html code in front of it, then you can not click the video (which is in the background)
for the autoplay, this is limited by the browser settings (by my side)

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.

if I change that in my browser and reload the page, the video plays immediately

the problem with videos, is that there are more and more limiations in the browsers to avoid the bandwidth to overload, especially on mobile and also to launch videos and sound if the visitor does not want it

hope it helps

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by trogladyte on topic BG YouTube video failing

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #59206
Assuming the "...HTML code..." you mention is the text over the top of the video. That makes sense that it would block clicking. I'm still confused how the one on www.lifemasterynow.org/ works and other don't.

I found this thread on Stack Overflow after your comments about browser settings. Seems it's more a problem related to Chrome (no surprise there). Although I ran the page www.ckdev.info/wwcs/index.php?option=com...icle&id=1&Itemid=137 in Firefox and the video doesn't play at all. Running www.lifemasterynow.org/ in FF works without issue.

I think I'm just going to give up on streaming and use local videos for this application. If I'm just embedding a video using the PB video block they never fail. I'm afraid I just don't understand enough about coding and the deeper workings of browsers and OSs. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Happy New Year!

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Replied by ced1870 on topic BG YouTube video failing

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #59209
Happy new year to you too ! :)

Assuming the "...HTML code..." you mention is the text over the top of the video.

yes that's it, sorry for the confusion, but I'm currently in holidays and I try to give few answers quickly

the problem is not related to Chrome, I use Firefox by my side and there is also a setting to allow the video autoplay
these things are managed by the browsers, I can not do anything about that
you can check the infos that I have added for the Slideshow CK documentation
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/slidesh...k/291-autoplay-video >> Browser compatibility

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 734 guests and no members online