Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Replied by micker on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 5 years 10 months ago #48673
j'imagine !!
by micker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by trogladyte on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 5 years 1 week ago #52058
Just found this thread and this is an area I've been working on. It seems that very few websites, period, are ADA compliant. With the ADA seemingly ramping up website suits, this is an area we need to be aware of, and proactive with, especially over here in the USA.

I use a couple of different checkers to get a reasonable handle on accessibility. achecker.ca/checker/index.php and wave.webaim.org/ - the first one always finds more useful issues, but the second is nice with its visual presentation.

If you're a Joomla user, there's a great little plugin which adds a screen reader (I hope you don't mind me posting this here Ced. Please remove this if you're not happy with it). storejextensions.org/extensions/screen_reader.html

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Replied by ced1870 on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 5 years 1 week ago #52070
Hi
thanks for your infos. You are right, accessibility is very important. I could try to work on this but I'm not an accessibilty expert so this would need some help from users to check ;)

Something important also, the main parts of the content are not managed by the template ... for example the alt/title on images are managed in the content (components and modules) and not in the template.

I'm opened to any suggestion to improve things into template creator :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by ClaudioRomeo on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52404
From TC CK 4.0.21 Release notes:

Add Accessibility score 100/100 (Chrome test)

OK, great. But...
Where? How?

Counselor for better people in a better company

Replied by ced1870 on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52407
Hi
this is using the default theme when creating a new template. Something important to understand is that the score is based on what is in the page according to sizes and contrast. if you put a yellow link on a white background, your score will not reach 100% ;)

For now I have tested the google Chrome accessibilty checker, there are may be other tools and things to improve ...
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by ClaudioRomeo on topic Accessibility in your theme / template - How to

Posted 4 years 11 months ago #52415
Please, I need more information.
I don't understand if it is a new featur of Template Creator CK (if so, how does it work? Where is the score?) or it is just an excellent score that the template can have by the tool provided by Chrome.
Thank you.

Counselor for better people in a better company

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 726 guests and one member online