Buttons and forms > Form fields > ...

Replied by joomleb on topic Buttons and forms > Form fields > ...

Posted 6 years 3 months ago #46283
Hi CEd,
so, also for all the users here:
- create a new template
- select a model
- TCCK advert: "WARNING : "This will erase your data with the new theme, continue ?" = select "Cancel"
- enabled Boostrap in Parameters > Page
This will enable Bootstrap elements.

Now, wanting to work most "responsive" as possible, I'd have to work with a relative Typography unit like em.
But em mean "to work with a basic unit of measure in the body of the page and then assign the font size to all elements of the page using the em.".

In TCCK I can set the Paramenters > Page > Text that define the content site text:
- If I input 14px and then setting all the Titles text values in em the em will be calculated starting from my 14 pixels base. Am I right ?
- But if I want also resizeable default text I have to input the value in em, like 1em for example. It's running, but what is the default "measure in the body" in TCCK ? (Without it I cannot establish all the Titles em)

Would not be better to have "Paramenters > Page > Text" as "measure of the body of the page" and set the content text adding a tab in Paramenters > Content > "Main Content" ?
by joomleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Buttons and forms > Form fields > ...

Posted 6 years 3 months ago #46287
in parameters >> page, it applies to the body. You can give the "em" unit in the field, just write it after your value like "1.5em"

if you want you can use "em" in all your settings, or "px", or %"

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by joomleb on topic Buttons and forms > Form fields > ...

Posted 6 years 3 months ago #46319
Hi CEd,
"if you want you can use "em" in all your settings, or "px", or %" " = Yes, thanks. I know that because you yet explained me in another post.

What I mean here is that, as we know, em is a relative Typography unit. So "it works with a basic unit of measure in the body of the page" that is used as relative measure to establish all the font sizes to all elements of the page using the em, like titles.

1 - This mean that If I input 14px as "Parameters > Page > Text" and then setting all the Titles text values in em the em will be calculated starting from my 14 pixels base. Right ?

2 - But if I want also "resizeable" default content text I have to input "Parameters > Page > Text" with em value, like 1.5em for example.
It's running, I can input em in that text field value. This means that there is yet a default "measure in the body" in TCCK setting defalut and enabling Bootstrap.
But what is this default value ?
Without it I cannot establish all the Titles em to have the expected "pixel value" layout.

Would not be better to have "Paramenters > Page > Text" as "measure of the body of the page" and set the content text adding a tab in Paramenters > Content > "Main Content" ?

Please, How "%" works ? What do you think would be the best resizeable one to use ( em / % ) ?
by joomleb

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 528 guests and 2 members online