Problem with "home" menu item not seeing the class

Problem with "home" menu item not seeing the class was created by joomla-tester

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32877
I have had maximenu, the ck params, and mobile plugin for a couple of years. Recently updated all to the latest version. My issue is with the "landing page" or as some call it up with the "home" menu item. It only sees maximenu div conditions and not the mobile conditions like the rest of the menu items.

I have a very simple custom page and have tried <div> and <nav> in advanced options under modules but can't get it to work and my position is set to "navtop"

<div class="container-fluid"> <!--Start of Navigation-->
<div class="row-fluid">
<nav class="span12">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="navtop" style="html5" />
</nav><!-- End of Navigation-->
</div>
</div><!--end of container-fluid for navigation

I working this out in localhost now but do have a full site and mobile up and running. The point is I used "simple mobile detection" plugin on the desktop site and it redirects to the mobile site. However, I want them to see 'Home' or as it called now "menu" as a solid bar with 'hamburglar' like the other items.

The site is m.pictureperfectpets.ca/ for mobile.
The site is pictureperfectpets.ca for desktop site.

Strange thing is if you shrink the desktop site I get the home button as I need it.
These site do not have all plugins updated just the maximenu ck module and old plugins for mobile and params.
Been trying to solve it for a couple of days.

Help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Problem with "home" menu item not seeing the class

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32878
Hi
sorry I don't understand all what you are explaining me ...

Could we please do it step by step ?
Tell me in few words what is not working: the image is not shown in the mobile menu ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by joomla-tester on topic Problem with "home" menu item not seeing the class

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32879
Don't worry about the image. It is the mobile image bar for "home" only not showing when reduced to let say 320 by 480 I still see the maxi menu bar in that view. For other menu items it seems to work.

Replied by joomla-tester on topic Problem with "home" menu item not seeing the class

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32880
In coding terms. The maximenu div displays the home menu item. no matter what the size of viewport is. For all other items the div for maximenu-mobile displays those items when the viewport is reduced below 640.

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32881
I had to delete the menu item home page. Recreated it and now it works. Cheers.

Replied by joomla-tester on topic mobile menu conflicts with JSN Image Show no thumb

Posted 8 years 1 month ago #32885
I have narrowed down the problem which I thought was solved. I have been able to reproduce the problem. I have included the nav and body sectins below. As you can see nothing special...calling a component in the mainbody. The component being loaded in JSN image Show. You place a showlist and showcase together and display them below the maximenu.

The issue is when using JSN showcase with 'javascript' and their option turning off their thumbnails "hide" I get the full maximenu view in a mobile viewport. If I use the same showcase showing the thumbnails I get maximenu mobile in mobile viewport.

Could their be a 'javascript' conflict here between the 2 modules, yours and the folks from JSNImageShow??? It is only when I "hide" the thumbnails that your mobile menu gets overlooked in a mobile viewport

Solved, recreated the JSNImage Showcase and the 'java' conflict is solved. Now the menus work as they should
Last Edit:8 years 1 month ago by joomla-tester
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by joomla-tester. Reason: Solved

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 862 guests and no members online