Image Effect in Page Builder

Image Effect in Page Builder was created by trogladyte

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36749
I seem to be getting unexpected results when using IE in PB.

www.ckdev.info/posfitt/

The images are 285px x 180px, yet almost every effect (not quite through trying them all) adds a colored bar to the top of the image - this never shows in the demos, and I don't want it showing on mine!! :P

Is this expected or is it something because I have it in PB?

Also, It would be nice to be able to have some control on where the text displays on the image. For example, on the image of the personal trainer, the logical place for the main text is in the bottom 1/3 of the image, yet only a very few effects allow for this. It would be great if we could specify where it went (perhaps this is an addition to the Params add-on??).

Cheers

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Image Effect in Page Builder

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36752
Hi
it seems that you have set some padding top 30px on the images in pagebuilder, this is the reason why you have the black lines

the position of the text for image effect is controled into the CSS file of the plugin
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Image Effect in Page Builder

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36763
Ahhh OK - yes I do. Interesting that, on the second line (for a GREAT reason known, at one point, only to myself!!) I put the padding on the outside, yet it still took on that coloring. I would have thought it should only have applied to inner padding.

Anyway, made another row and gave the row padding and all is good thanks Ced! First time using this plugin and really like it. Have looked at it many times, but this is the first instance I've had where it suits.

Cheers

Replied by trogladyte on topic Image Effect in Page Builder

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36764
I just added a 1px border to the images and the right border is missing. It shows on the backend preview, and also momentarily after a refresh, but, once the page fully renders it disappears. I've made the border 5px on the upper left image so it's easier to see (or not to see!! LOL!)

Also, and this may be part and parcel of the problem, the images are now all floated left and not centered. Again, this appears correct in the Direct Preview in the backend, but not on the front end.

Last Edit:7 years 7 months ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by trogladyte.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Image Effect in Page Builder

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #36767
the image border does not appear because there is a overflow:hidden in the plugin css to avoid the image to go out

you can try to remove it from
www.ckdev.info/posfitt/plugins/system/im...ts/imageeffectck.css
line 32 on
figure.imageeffectck

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 424 guests and no members online