Update Maximenu to version 8 from version 6 or 7

Replied by ced1870 on topic Update Maximenu to version 8 from version 6 or 7

Posted 9 years 7 months ago #22266

For the next menu I'll take V8

yes this is the good idea :)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by madjari on topic Update Maximenu to version 8 from version 6 or 7

Posted 9 years 6 months ago #22355
Hi,
I could upgrade the two websites without trouble following the instructions. I use no template and have a fully customized menu, this seems to ease things.
Thank you for adding the new features!
I came across a few things that I perceive as bugs or usability problems in the params plugin on the Maximenu CK Styles tabs:
When editing or creating a menu item, on all three tabs the margins are initialized to 0. I would prefer if they were empty by default. Then the menu items get the default style. As it is now, I have to manually remove the zeroes as to not override my menu margins.
Then there is the problem that the manual removal of the zeroes only works on the "normal state" page. If I remove them on the "active" and "hover" pages, after saving the zeroes are back again, so no effect. I have to replace the values with the actual default ones (e.g. "auto") so my menu items still look as they should. This is quite annoying, as it keeps me from centrally changing styles.
Also there seems to be a bug with the color overrides: If you just enter a color override for active or hover, but do not specify a font size, the color is ignored. I would like to be able to only override the color, but not the size - same usability problem as with the other option.
Also the colors and bold style from my individual settings on hover and active seem to be ignored. Hence my need to override it in the individual items.
Should you want access to a sample site, please contact me. I'm happy to show the issues and help you fix them.
by madjari

Posted 9 years 6 months ago #22358
Hi
the zero values issue has been fixed in the latest release, please redownload and test (note that if you have saved with the zero values they will be there and you will have to remove it)
CEd

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: madjari

Replied by madjari on topic Update Maximenu to version 8 from version 6 or 7

Posted 9 years 6 months ago #22700
Hi,
I could finally download and test the 0-Values issue. The empty fields now can be saved, so I can make the menu work without workarounds.
Still the padding and rounded corners are filled with unwanted defaults (padding with 0, rounded corners with 5) on all relevant tabs (normal, active, hover and submenu!). So whenever I create a new menu item I have to go through all the tabs and remove the 0 and 5, to make the global defaults work (which is what I intend to do in most cases).
Can you please fix that, too? It's quite annoying to have to go through all the values all the time, and I plan a major rework in the menu, so it would be helpful to have that fixed.
Thanks, Andreas
by madjari

Replied by nsheehan123 on topic Update Maximenu to version 8 from version 6 or 7

Posted 9 years 6 months ago #22701
That is what I'm finding as well.

Posted 9 years 6 months ago #22702
@madjari : please contact me per email with an admin access so I can check this

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.733 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 743 guests and no members online