SOLVED:4 megamenus 100 percent across menu area

SOLVED:4 megamenus 100 percent across menu area was created by rowby

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21101
Hi

I don't know if it's a setting within maximenu or the menu parameters, but I have 4 maximenus, each in its own Joomla module position. And I want to be able to adust the width of those 4 megamenus so that they add up to 100 percent of the width of the template.

I can't find a setting in the maximenuck module or in the menu paramaters to do this. For example the only place I see percentages is in column management parameter. I tried making the main heading 20% but that didn't seem to do anything.

So is it only done by padding and margins -- rather than by percentage?

Perhaps via custom.css???

Thanks

Rowby
P.S. I hope you enjoy my pretty mockups. Maybe one day they'll put them on display at the Louvre!

Last Edit:9 years 8 months ago by rowby
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rowby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic 4 megamenus 100 percent across the menu area.

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21106
Hi
lol, yes I enjoy ;) the cool thing is that it is clear and I directly see what you mean !

but I have 4 maximenus, each in its own Joomla module position

why ? I would better have only one menu and one module, with 4 parent items at level 1. This does not answer your question for now, but I prefer to make this clear
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by rowby on topic 4 megamenus 100 percent across the menu area.

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21127
Hi

If I had one module would I be able to have the same layout? (Three dropdown menus and hiding the parent -- so that the result looks the same?

Would I have the same control over the submenus -- so far as coloring and sizing is concerned -- or would what I have as submenus become sub-submenus with not global control over them in the maximenu ck settings?

Rowby
by rowby

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21129
you really love complicated things :D
for me :
4 parent menu items at level 1
all other items in the submenus
you can set different subemnu color by editing the parent link >> maximenu ck styles - submenu

look the megamenu at the top of joomlack.fr, is that effect that you want ?
else there is something that I don't understand

by ced1870

Replied by rowby on topic 4 megamenus 100 percent across the menu area.

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21142
Hi

I see that www.joomlack.fr/ has one megamenu with one maximenu module

But are the sub menus created in maximenu or are you coloring them individually with the menu parameters. I would like to avoid having to color too many sub-menus via the parameters, because my client has changing ideas of what colors they want to use, so I would rather do as much coloring as possible within the maximenu and only use the menu parameters for coloring only certain items when necessary.

But if I did it using megamenu and one maximenu module like you have at joomlack.fr would I be able then to have the 4 megamenus 100 percent across the menu area? I assume the answer would be "yes".

Rowby
Last Edit:9 years 8 months ago by rowby
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rowby.

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #21144
"yes" ;)
on joomlack.fr I only have 1 fullwidth submenu but you can do that with all your submenus
for the colors, you can set them in the module options to give them all the same style. In my case I used the class "greybox" on each submenu link where I want it to be in a grey box like the screenshot

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 423 guests and no members online