Espace réservé aux bonne idées et suggestions pour Joomlack.

MaxiMenu

MaxiMenu was created by trogladyte

Posted 8 years 4 days ago #34204
I have everything installed for it except the one-off extension plugins for the likes of Hikashop, etc.

Currently, editing menu items is extremely powerful, which is great, but they are in 2 different places which makes it confusing to a newcomer. I began doing the edits under Styles Customization | MaxiMenu CK Styles Params.

All went well until I discovered I couldn't edit the text colors. It took me a long time to find that this is set in a totally different place. Under Module | MaxiMenu CK Menu Manager. Even getting there, it's not obvious how to do it. I actually stumbled on it by chance just clicking stuff to see what it did. Eventually I clicked the 2nd item from the left (documenting this in case someone else is looking for it) "Edit item in a popup" and there were the parameters.

So, first suggestion. Combine these 2 areas into one "Parameters" section. After all you're editing some of the menu in place, but then need to go to a completely separate spot to complete the editing.

Second suggestion. Every item has separate settings under Module | MaxiMenu CK Menu Manager. Love the power that gives for highlighting, etc, but this is not usually the case. How about an "Inherit" button or checkbox? Either per item, or as a global. See how K2 does it with "Inherit from...". Saves having to set it for each item if they're all the same.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic MaxiMenu

Posted 8 years 4 days ago #34207
Hi
thank you for your suggestion
1st, thank you for your vote on the JED, but just to explain you, any note that you give under 100 is a bad note :(

then

All went well until I discovered I couldn't edit the text colors

of course you can, in the styles customization options. Just that you did not find the field

So, first suggestion. Combine these 2 areas into one "Parameters" section

this can not be
1/ you set up the styles for the menu
2/ you can customize the styles for each menu item separately, for example to give a different color per item, or load a module, and so on

How about an "Inherit" button or checkbox?

If you don't set any option, it inherit the styles from the module

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic MaxiMenu

Posted 8 years 4 days ago #34209
Ced, you're doing a politician or journalist thing - taking one line out of context. Yes, I did say I couldn't edit the text, but the very next line showed that I did find them after some searching. My point with that whole paragraph was that tying the 2 sets of setting together was not intuitive. At least some static text telling users where to find the other settings would be helpful.

As far as the review, I believe I reviewed it honestly (I don't do fake reviews ever). However, if I'm wrong in any area please show me and I'm happy to change it. Or take it down.

Posted 8 years 4 days ago #34211

As far as the review, I believe I reviewed it honestly (I don't do fake reviews ever).

I understand and I don't blame anyone :)
Just informing ...

for the settings, I understand that when you don't know at start, it can be confusing.
This is what we can call the "learning curve" ?

When you say

At least some static text telling users where to find the other settings would be helpful.

where should this text appear ? in the menu item edition ?

Ced, you're doing a politician or journalist thing - taking one line out of context

this is not my goal, I'm reading you, I'm answering you. I have probably not understood correctly what you are trying to explain, but please don't forget that I'm here, always when you are asking something, and I have some other users, a family a so on, so I can not take 1/2hour to check that I have correctly answered to any word.
If I have not well undestood anything, then my bad.

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic MaxiMenu

Posted 8 years 4 days ago #34212
No problems Ced. But, as I said, please let me know if I've been unfair - I will amend it as I do like to be honest. There's probably something lost in the translation too! Your English is vastly superior to my French despite having taken it for 6 years in school. Was never terribly keen on it (a second language subject was expected in the A stream), and, since leaving school, have never had the necessity to use it. So I can say my name, ask the time, and (hopefully this is correct!!) tell people, "Je parle Francais en peu. Parlez-vous Anglais?" If "Non" then I'm in deep trouble!! LOL!

OK, attached an image (maximenu.jpg) of where the static text may be useful. Not sure if you can make a link. It would likely need to close the open pop up and open the other - don't know how much work that is. If it's too much, then you could change "here" to "under Module | MaxiMenu CK Menu Manager (if installed) | Item edit button". Then add an image like maximenu02.jpg. Possibly vice versa if someone is in the Menu Manager already.

Attachments:

Posted 8 years 3 days ago #34233
OK I see
for me, this text shall not be there, because in many cases you shall never use the styles from the items
All styles can be managed in the styles customization interface, the only time you need to override this in a specific item is when you need something special for this item only

I sometimes see some people that edit each item to give them the same color. This is not the way to do

Hope it is clear now

I can not tell you that you were unfair. The fact is that I'm disappointed to see that even all efforts that I do to help the people, and do my best to have great extensions to use, I see that I receive some average notation (and not only from you).
So simply, I will just go and spend more time with my friends and family.

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 840 guests and one member online