path in "Select slides from folder" not selectable

path in "Select slides from folder" not selectable was created by ftcNL

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16348
Hello Joomla CK team,
I just bought and installed the params plugin. I tried to connect a directory with images I have on my filesystem and that will not work. It keeps complaining of a directory not being able to load: jfolder: :files: Path is not a directory... followed by the path I gave in.

So I looked into the code plugins/system/slideshowckparams/elements/ckslidesfromfolderimport.php and found that there is a hardcoded piece of code in line 32 saying that JURI::root() . 'modules/mod_slideshowck/elements/images/' .

So that gave me the feeling that I am NOT free to set my own directory for the slides.

I tried to make a new subdirectory under 'modules/mod_slideshowck/elements/images/' and put in my slides and voila... everything works!

But why are you giving me the option to select my own directory for both "Import from a folder" as for "Autoload from a folder" if I only can use the directory of your module...

Please let me know if this is a bug or a (bad working) feature.

Regards,

Rob.

Running on: J3.2.1 with mod_slideshowck_1.3.10a_j30 and plg_slideshowck_params_1.1.3_j30
Last Edit:10 years 4 months ago by ftcNL
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by ftcNL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic path in "Select slides from folder" not selectable

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16352
Hi
what is the directory that you enter in the field ?
it works for other people, so I don't think that you need to look at the code for a bug ;)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by ftcNL on topic path in "Select slides from folder" not selectable

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16360
Hi!

I can put in any path I want. I tried just "test" as being a subdir in my root, but also any other path straight to a map with some pictures like "images/ftcnl/clubblad/2013" (without the quotes...) does also not work. I also tries the full localhost serverpath: also no response.

At least the path I give in is being saved. But -in combinatin with "select slides from folder" also a warning is shown that the path is not a valid directory path. If I give in this path at "autoload images from folder" this error is not given, but it still doesn't work. It will ONLY work when I use you module path ('modules/mod_slideshowck/elements/images/') and/or any subdir under this dir.

I've attached a file to show you.

I,m testing this out locally on my Mac using MAMP. Haven't tested it on my hosting-server.

Could there be a PHP version issue? Using 5.3.5.

Regards,

Rob.
by ftcNL
Attachments:

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16375
you can see the entire path where it looks for the images in the Warning message. if this path is correct, it should work. then I think that there is a problem regarding the website/configuration, may be a rights issue ? but this is strange as you are on localhost
I can't tell you more, the warning path seems correct to me

by ced1870

Replied by ftcNL on topic path in "Select slides from folder" not selectable

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16390
I have build up a fresh J3.2.1 environment en put in your extension and further nothing.

Tested the "select from folder" option and runs like hell... :sick:

This means that some modules on my site cannot work toghether smoothly with your slider. Is will be difficult to find out which one is causing the problem and it will take me lots of time. I've already tried unpublishing all the modules one at a time, but still no positive result. :(

I will have to rethink the possibilities which are left for me now.

Thanks for the support.
by ftcNL

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #16396

I have build up a fresh J3.2.1 environment

could you put your website online temporary so I can access it and do some tests ?

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.804 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1247 guests and no members online