How to add slides?

How to add slides? was created by helga

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39677
I tried different ways to add slides:

- in 'Slides manager' click on the button 'import images from a folder'. I ordered and installed the plugin 'slideshow params'. But even after that, clicking on the button has no effect. Did I forget something to do after installing the zip-file?

- in 'Slides manager' click on 'add a slide' + 'select an image'. There I can see the complete 'Images'-folder of my website. I choose the correct subfolder and click on 'Insert'. But I don't see anything happen. What is the next step to do or did I something wrong?

- in 'Slides manager' click on 'add a slide' + 'select an image'. There I can see the complete 'Images'-folder of my website. I choose below for Upload via browsing in my Windows explorer and choose a folder where I backuped the images + start upload. It says 'file already exists' which is obvious because the files are already in the images-folder of joomla.

But even after trying all these things I'm not able to get my images on my website.
by helga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by helga on topic How to add slides?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39678
I'm already a step further: if I select 1 image on the root-folder 'images' I can add it. But I have a lot of images, so I want so load a complete foler whiwh is even a sub-foler and I'm not able to reach a subfolder on any way.
by helga

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to add slides?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39679
Hi
to load a folder automatically you will need the slideshow Params. Enable the params plugin and select "import from a folder" to load the images int he slides manager, or "autoload from a folder" to directly load the images without using the module admin

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39704
You asked me (by mail) "do you want to import the images in the slides manager, or to load it automatically in frontend ?"

What's the difference between both options?
by helga

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to add slides?

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39708
"import the images in the slides manager"
>> add the images in the module interface where you can add teh description/title and sort them

" load it automatically in frontend"
>> look in the folder and take the images and show them in the page without any need of going in the module interface. It will atuomatically show the images that are in the folder

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 3 months ago #39715
- in 'Slides manager': should I add the pictures one by one?

- in 'Slides manager' I click on the button 'import images from a folder'. I ordered and installed the plugin 'slideshow params'. But even after that, clicking on the button has no effect. Did I forget something to do after installing the zip-file?

- in 'load automatically in frontend' it is showing the message that you need the Param plugin. But the same as in the first question: i installed it. Did I forget something to do after installing the zip-file?
by helga

Time to create page: 0.711 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1033 guests and no members online