Fatal Error

Fatal Error was created by michaelherr

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38436
I am getting a Fatal Error every time I try to update a SlideshowCK module on the backend. The error does not appear anywhere on the front end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Fatal Error

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38437
Hi
which fatal error ? in the module options ? do you have a message ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by michaelherr on topic Fatal Error

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38439
Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on null in rootfolder/administrator/components/com_advancedmodules/layouts/joomla/searchtools/default/bar.php on line 24

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38440
you can see that the error is related to "com_advancedmodules" and not to slideshow CK. You shall ask this developer :)

by ced1870

Replied by michaelherr on topic Fatal Error

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38441
I did that first, his response was "Then most probably the issue lies with SlideshowCK.
The SlideshowCK modules have always been a cause for conflicts and support requests. They choose to override core functionality in a way that makes it not play nice with Advanced Module Manager."

Posted 7 years 5 months ago #38443
the only "override" is a catch with the JS function ot make task before saving

to be honest with you, Peter (the dev) has already had some trouble with my extensions. For example with its Modal, after hours it told that the problem was by my side. I had to search myself in his code to give the solution to user where Peter did not

He is a good developper but has a terrible lack with helping correclty the users. This is my thought.

Now, try to disable "advance modules manager" and tell me if you still have a problem/error

PS : if Peter find that my module has an override that renders an issue, please ask him to give informations about the problem so that we can fix it

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 502 guests and no members online