Mobile menus showing multiple times

Mobile menus showing multiple times was created by pegasus

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27026
I'm using both Menumaxi CK (top main menu) and AccordeonMenu CK (sidebar menus in various sections), including the mobile plugins for both.

On pages where both menus appear, the AccordeonMenus are showing up twice or even 3 times, one above the other, starting at the top of the page.

I've tried different mobile settings for the module, but can't get it to work properly.

By the way, one of the settings in the English version is only in French and I'm not sure what it means: "Montrer les modules"

Please help. Let me know what else you need to know to help troubleshoot it.

Thank you. :-)

Wendy
by pegasus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Mobile menus showing multiple times

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27028
Hi
"Montrer les modules" = show the modules

Please give me your url so that I can see the problem
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by pegasus on topic Mobile menus showing multiple times

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27042
Hi CEd, thanks for getting back to me. I've emailed you the details (the Gmail account used to send notification emails for forum activity), since this is a development site that's normally offline.

Feel free to reply in this forum, though, so that others can benefit from the discussion. :-)

Thanks for the translation, but what does "show the modules" mean?

Wendy
Last Edit:8 years 11 months ago by pegasus
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pegasus.

Replied by pegasus on topic Mobile multiples fixed, but now all other CSS gone

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27050
Hi CEd,

You suggested I rename the menu IDs (advanced tab of the module) from the same name to unique names to see if this solved the multiple menus problem.

Answer: Yes, it did. Just one appears now. Thank you!

However: I have discovered another problem with the mobile plugin (maxi or accordeon or both). I have lost ALL of my other styling on that site pages (viewed on a phone) since installing that mobile plugin on the development site (let's call it Test 2).

I checked an earlier development site (Test1) that uses virtually the same template and CSS, where I had installed both MaxiMenu and Accordeon menus but not the mobile plugins.

When I look at Test2 (with mobile plugin) on my phone, there are no styles on the pages (default plain text styling). When I look at Test1 (no mobile plugin) I have the styles it should have.

Both sites are fine on a desktop monitor, and when viewed on a large tablet the styles are still there too but it doesn't use the mobile styling. So it seems there's something about the mobile plugin(s) that's blocking all other CSS.

Thank you for your continued help! You have access to the Test2 site, and I can send access to the Test1 site if you need it. Let me know.

Thanks, and sorry to bear bad news.

Wendy
Last Edit:8 years 11 months ago by pegasus
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pegasus.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Mobile multiples fixed, but now all other CSS gone

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27052
by my side I don't see any styles problem ...
please send me the url by email as I'm not sure that I'm looking on the correct site

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by pegasus on topic Mobile multiples fixed, but now all other CSS gone

Posted 8 years 11 months ago #27057
I sent the links to your Inbox. Thanks. :-)
by pegasus

Time to create page: 0.826 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 677 guests and no members online