Superuser login getting "you are not authorized"

Superuser login getting "you are not authorized" was created by csymmonds

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #36003
Greetings.
We're using Accordeon menu with Hikashop and it was working well until a few weeks ago. When using the site as a guest, the menu works but some menu items would show "Please login first".
Once logged in, even with a superuser account, any interaction with the menu yields the message:
You are not authorized to view this resource.
Trying to troubleshoot, I ended up creating another Accordeon module which worked, but only temporarily.
I researched the message, tried everything I found regarding SEF, clearing cache (though cache is off), checking in items and verifying publication dates and found nothing that made a difference.

For now I've had to revert to standard Joomla menu to browse categories in the content area - but much prefer the Accordion, so thought I'd check to see if you have ideas on what else I can check.
willowcreekgraphics.com
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Superuser login getting "you are not authorized"

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #36006
Hi
this is strange. The menu only takes the items to get the pages url, it does not manage the page access/rights.

when using the standard joomla menu, do you have the same urls ?
Have you tried with a hikashop categories menu ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by csymmonds on topic Superuser login getting "you are not authorized"

Posted 7 years 8 months ago #36028
Thank you - your inquiry about URLs lead to the answer.
The URLs being generated were different, and in research I discovered the Accordeon menu module referenced a menu that was being displayed for Guests, but not for Super User.

Time to create page: 0.662 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1084 guests and one member online