Google Font not rendering

Google Font not rendering was created by avonrivercs

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34013
Hi Ced,
I recently built a website for a client using Template Creator CK. The font they want to use in the menu bar and some of the headings is called Mystery Quest. I checked on FontSquirrel and found it was not available there, but I did find it on Google Fonts. I installed it into the template and it renders perfectly on my computer. I uploaded the site from my local machine to a temporary online host and then later moved it to its final home after a few more tweaks. After installation to the host, I checked out the site on a different computer and found that the font that was rendering was not Mystery Quest but something like a default font. Checking the CSS, h1 for example says font family: "Mystery Quest"; but it isn't. The odd thing is, that looking at the site using an ipad, android phone, Windows 10 netbook, none of these render the font. The only computer that does, is the computer that the template was built on. Is there something that I'm missing? Have I done something wrong when installing the font? The image below shows how the font should look in an image at the top left of the page, and how the fonts do look on all but one computer. Site in question is www.adelesart.com.au Any help would be greatly appreciated, all the best, Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Google Font not rendering

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34018
Hi
did you install the google font into template creator ?
I see the problem, the link to the stylesheet is not correct, that is strange

What have you written in the field to add the google font ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Google Font not rendering

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34022
Hi Ced,
Yes, I went to the fonts section of the Template Creator and put in the font name there. The instructions said to put in the url to the font, but this did not work and displayed the font name as http. I put the actual font name, Mystery Quest and once I did this, the font is available in the drop down box to use throughout the template. perhaps this is the problem, what do you think? All the best, Steve

Replied by ced1870 on topic Google Font not rendering

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34023
yes you have to put the url like described in the interface
try again and let me know

by my side I think that the font was not loaded by the template but by something else, and then it was used in the template... not sure if this is clear for you

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34038
Hi Ced,
Ok, I have put in the total url, www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Mystery+Quest and it says it is installed but the correct font does not render in the template creator. When I go to the parameters section to set up the title text, the display name of the font in the dropdown box shows as https and when this is selected, the preview shows a default font in the preview area. After setting the H1 to the google font and inspecting with Firebug, it shows font-family: "https"; There is no url link. This is the same if I install the font by typing in its name, Mystery Quest, inspecting this with Firebug shows font-family: "Mystery Quest"; The difference between the two installs is that the full url displays a default font in the Template Creator and the font name displays the correct Google font in the Creator but not on the live site. Is this making any sense to you? All the best, Steve

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #34039
Update:
I have tried every combination of the url that Google fonts provide including this fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Mystery+Quest nothing works. The only way I can get the font to display correctly is by adding the font name as Mystery+Quest When I do this, the fonts render correctly in the template creator. I save the template, download it to my desktop and then upload it to the target website in the normal way. The fonts render correctly on my computer no matter which browser I use. Opening the site on another computer displays the font as a default which is to say, not the font I want. Hoping this may give some insight into the problem, I have another site that has the same issue that I didn't notice before because it looks right on my computer. all the best, Steve

Time to create page: 0.710 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 475 guests and one member online